Welcome to the new podcast, “I’m a Keeper — Living by Design.”
In this first episode, Dr. Ray W. Lincoln lays the foundation for what will become an ongoing monthly conversation with you, the listener.
In the first series, we’ll focus on parenting and how to truly understand your child so that your child will bond with you. That’s right! I said, “…so your that your child will bond with you.”
The truth is that you cannot bond with your child! Your child must bond with you!
Parents want a bond with their children, but they are often extremely frustrated as they parent their children. That’s why Dr. Lincoln entitled his parenting book I May Frustrate You, But I’m a Keeper! It’s a much-needed “parenting manual.”
We’ll talk much more about that as we proceed. But for now, let’s get started.
In this episode, we’ll discuss:
- Your task as a parent.
- Challenges with emotions in parenting.
- Why the drastic differences in children who are raised in the same household and have the same parents — even “identical” twins.
- How can we “know” our children when they are different from us?
- What makes us who we are: unique individuals?
- How can we discover who we are and who each child is?
- Where do our strengths and weaknesses come from?
- Why is self-understanding so important?
- Why is temperament understanding a key component to a good relationship with your child?
- What does a lack of understanding cause?
We welcome your questions for discussion. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to access the Temperament Key that Dr. Lincoln references in the podcast, go to www.raywlincoln.com. You’ll find yellow buttons at the bottom of the homepage that will give you free access to the links.
For books authored by Dr. Lincoln, go HERE. Please enjoy this first episode, make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode, and tell everyone you know that they also should subscribe.