It’s clear that we’re living in an unprecedented time rocked by one emotionally charged situation after another. Are you tired of the constant swirl of confusing circumstances? Having trouble sorting through fact from fiction as you decide on important matters? If you consider yourself a logical person struggling to behave logically, consider this as you decide.
When you decide, you need the right mix.
Our team at InnerKinetics has often taught on the key to your strongest decision-making strategies. It involves understanding your inner design (as do most meaningful aspects to your life). You see, there’s a custom mix of both logic and emotion that goes into every good decision we make. And since this custom mix differs depending on inner design, knowing your logic/emotion mix is essential.
You can discover your inner design and your custom logic/emotion mix here:
But just knowing your inner design isn’t going to be enough. You must then act accordingly, making your choices with an intentional focus on both logic and emotion. You decide.
- So how can you make weighty decisions amidst a pandemic when the “facts” are constantly changing?
- How can you think clearly when today’s moral and political agendas are literally in your face, forcing you into an emotional frenzy?
- How will you balance your personal beliefs and future plans with the knowledge that many do not agree with you and may never do so?
You need the right focus.
The answer to any of the questions above is a simple one. You must choose to stay focused on goals you’ve set for yourself. You may have noticed that logic is the first thing thrown out the window when emotions run high. This happens to both primarily logical as well as primarily emotional people, regardless of how they are predominantly designed to make good decisions. However, we all have the same task. We must re-calibrate back to the right mix and stay focused on our goals.
It’s easier said than done, right? Turn on the TV and you’re bombarded with images of rioters, violence and unrest. Hop on social media and fall down any number of rabbit holes that seek to help, confuse, influence and/or disturb you.
WHAT’S YOUR GOAL TODAY, NEXT WEEK, OR LATER THIS YEAR?
You need helpful emotions.
Stress and confusion are inevitable at times – especially under the circumstances we’re in now. But they are unhelpful emotions and don’t have to hijack your good decisions. The good news is that you can calm hurtful or unhelpful emotions by replacing them. Helpful emotions support your logical decisions.
Do you want unknown details to be the reason you don’t move forward with important decisions?
Do you want your next move to be toward your goals, rather than away from them?
Even in the emotionally charged climate we have today, you can have just the right amount of logic versus emotion and keep moving forward.
IF YOU ARE AN “NT”
You’re designed to have a natural focus on your goals. Learn even more about how to use your design-driven strengths of logic and strategy to make sound decisions amidst this present-day set of unknowns.
IF YOU’RE NOT AN NT,
Your logical decisions will involve the use of other strengths that are just as powerful and a focus that is just as effective.
Stay calm. Stay focused. Here’s help:
- Grab a copy of the book Intelligently Emotional. It’s an invaluable tool as you master the use of positive, helpful emotions that keep you positively focused on your goals.
- You can get a “jumpstart” at understanding your InnerKinetics with a little help from our team. If you’d like some assistance, you can request a consultation and an InnerKinetics consultant will call you to answer questions and schedule your meeting.Schedule an Initial Consultation. If you are more independent and want to cut to the chase, you need not wait for a call back because you can get answers to your questions and schedule your session HERE.
Post a comment